Monday, January 12, 2009

Deer tracks in the soy bean field

It is a known fact that deer love soy beans. We see them all fall on the edge of the soybean fields nibbling the almost ripe beans and leaves. Now we see that even in the winter they are drawn to the soybean fields; we have tracks running across the field on 89 with areas where the deer have pushed the snow away to get at the beans. Today, I decided to take some photos of these tracks and the areas they have cleared to access the soybeans. Click to enlarge them see the tracks.








Today I stayed home. I have quite a bit of vacation and comp time and need to take some before we start working on the upcoming exhibit for Woman's History month in March. I baked chocolate chip peanut butter oatmeal cookies. They turned out so delicious. I did a twist on a Pillsbury Bake Off recipe. Here is the recipe

Preheat over to 370
Ingredients

1 12-oz package of your favorite chocolate chips

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine - I use butter
1/2 cut creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
1 tbsp milk

In a separate bowl mix together
2 cups all purpose or unbleached flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
1 cup chopped walnuts

Cream together sugars, butter, peanut butter, eggs and milk, add all the dry ingredients at once and mix well. Add the chocolate chips, we love the dark chocolate and the mint chocolate chips so I divided the recipe in half after adding the dry ingredients, mixing well.
Drop on cookie sheet using the small scoop (Pamper Chief one), I made round balls and flattened them a bit. Bake 5 minutes, turn pan and bake 4 minutes until light brown.

Serve warm with milk - nothing is better than warm cookies and milk.

I recently talked about doing the bridge for my back, I realize some people may not be familiar with this exercise so decided to do a couple of links. It is a yoga move.
Link 1
Link 2 This one has a photo with it.
Hope this helps those who struggle with back pain. It helped me tremendously.

No comments: