Saturday, August 9, 2008

Weight loss & Exercise

I have decided to take the plunge and tell about my weight loss. Although I am not going to tell what I weigh or what I weighed, I will say that over the past two years I have lost over 60 pounds. In the past 4 months I have taken off 15 of those pounds. The most interesting thing about this weight lost is that I didn't regain it back even when I wasn't watching. I stayed pretty close to a low carb diet with lots of fruit and vegetables many that were high in carbs. Examples of high carb fruits: orange juice and bananas. I usually avoided breads, cereal, pasta, and rice unless it was at noon or I sacrificed something else to eat it. I also did not eat very much butter and cooked with spray. I watched the sweets, but do have ice cream at Dairy Queen at least 3 times a week, sundaes or cones. My favorite DQ treat is a Buster Bar and I can't remember the last time I had one, I just order something with less calories and carbs. Ardmore & I often go to DQ Sunday evening for a cone or a Sundae. Yes, I know that is breaking the Sabbath, but it is the only time he and I do anything together except go to church, periodically visit his brother and sister-in-law, and work.

For the first time this summer, I went swimming; and I went to the Vassar out door pool. The pool at Vassar is usually not crowded, it wasn't today. I am rather sore this evening as I did every stroke I know. Swam for about three-quarter of an hour. The water felt wonderful. They have a solar pool and the water is never cold. There is only one more week of swimming, so I will try to go as often as possible. I can tell it was very beneficial.

Thought for the day:

"Between you and every goal that you wish to achieve, there is a series of obstacles, and the bigger the goal, the bigger the obstacles. Your decision to be, have and do something out of the ordinary entails facing difficulties and challenges that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else."
~ Brian Tracy

No comments: