Sunday, August 17, 2008

Savoring the Moment

Ardmore and I took one of the farm trucks to a repair shop south of Badger this evening just before a downpour. It was interesting to go 13 miles south of the farm and see two combines combining where it had not rained and the pavement was dry. I wonder did they savor the moment that was theirs when to the north of them we had about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of rain?

After dropping off the truck we headed to Roseau for our favorite Sunday treat, Dairy Queen, yum! It poured from Badger most of the way to Roseau so hard the windshield wipers couldn't keep up. By the time we ordered our ice cream it had stopped and the sun was starting to shine. We had decided not to go to his brother's when it was raining and changed our minds after getting ice cream and headed over there. I am always amazed when I visit them as my sister-in-law loves watching the Lifetime channel and never turns off the tv when we come. She and I always end up watching a movie and visiting during it.

I watched the US women's volleyball team beat Poland this afternoon. They will now play in the quarter finals. Woo Hoo!

No comments: