Sunday, March 9, 2008

It's getting warmer!

We set a record for cold weather this past week. I drove to work in 30 below F on Friday, absolutely unheard of for March. Today was much better, warmed up to 21 above. Tomorrow is going to be in the upper 30s, like Frog told Toad “Spring just Around the Corner.”

Hockey didn’t go so well at the state for the Roseau Rams. Seems like they just weren’t able to get past goalies in the games on Friday and Saturday and lost both games. The wonderful part about the Rams going to state is that they play in the Class AA section against the larger schools. Last year, they were state champions. The Warroad Warriors also were at the state in the Class A section and took third place. We are so fortunate in our area to have the wonderful background of pro hockey with the Brotens, the Christians, and so many other players who put on the jerseys of professional hockey teams. So many of these men come back and coach the high school teams.

I have been reading up on hip replacement from a blog by Francine Hardaway. It has given best in-depth coverage on a personal level I have found. It took me about 3 weeks to find it but it was worth searching for. She presents a straightforward story of her recover including the medical and physical therapy she under went. I hope I can be a fortunate as she has been in my recovery.

I spoke with Brian today. He quit working for Nordstrom’s and is focusing on his hair and makeup profession. He sounds so much happier and is doing very well. He is a very talented person and has a dynamic personality. He said he would be assisting another stylest the middle of the week. I believe we will see his name in a magazine one of these days. I feel his name is going to be out into the public soon.

Well I need to head to bed, I am going to be a guest on Wild 102 radio at 7:15 tomorrow morning so I need to be rested with my wits about me. Jeff Fraiser is interviewing me about the museum and he will ask pointed questions!

No comments: