Monday, November 24, 2008

Movies and the weekend

One of my favorite things to do it to watch movies on the weekend. This started when I was about five when my mother took me to my first movie, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. We lived ten miles out of Eveleth Minnesota in a location called Leonidas, so at that time we rode the train into Eveleth to see movies.That was when families didn't own two cars. We went often but I think my favorite at that time was Cecil B. DeMille's 1952 movie The Greatest Show On Earth starring Betty Hutton, Cornell Wilde, Charlton Heston, and Dorothy Lamour and perhaps, the greatest clown ever to grace the big top, Emmett Kelly. The story was like magic to a young girl of eight. The trapeze acts were outstanding and, of course, there was the love story. That was the beginning of a life long enjoyment. Now I order movies through Netflix, which is great as I don't always have time to watch them from beginning to end at one time. It is also a great past time when I am exercising the tkr on the stationary bike.
This weekend I watched two movies, Amazing Grace is about the life of antislavery pioneer William Wilberforce. It takes place in the late 1700s. This morning I finished watching Two Weeks, about the death of a mother with cancer and how the children handle the last two weeks of her live. this one stars Sally Fields and made a person think about how they would want their children to handle their death if they were placed in the same circumstances.
Other than that the weekend was spend working. Saturday I went to the museum and worked on the installation of the carpentry exhibit. There is sure a lot to do this coming week! I am going to leave it right there.

No comments: