Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Wheat is Off!

We finished the wheat harvest last evening. It was so exhausting yesterday. Every time I had a truck unloaded, I headed for the field to find another truck loaded or Ardmore fast approaching with a loaded combine. Climbing up and down out of the truck and the tractor gave my knee and hip lots of exercise. Boy was I sore at the end of the day. I was happy to see Ardmore decide to take out the semi the last load. The only grain left now is the soybeans and that probably won't happened for at least two weeks. This will give Ardmore time to chisel plow the fields we are done with. The wheat ran fairly well, something over 60 b/acre.

I rode my bike for 15 minutes and iced the knee for another 15 minutes and headed for the shower and bed. The bed felt like heaven and I was sleeping in no time.

No comments: