Monday, April 21, 2008

Fact can be stranger than fiction

Today our daughter, Michelle, called home and told her father she had gotten married on April 10th. She had told me she was getting married about three weeks ago but then said she had cold feet. Well, a week later she did, and is now Michelle Askeland, the wife of Dave Askeland. She meet Dave at least a year ago and started dating him in November. When I visited her in January, Dave, Michelle, and I went to the temple and the following night her family, James and I went out to dinner at Red Lobster. He seems like a very nice man and I hope they will be happy. Marriage is a great commitment and often people don't work hard enough to make it work. I will be praying that they commit to each other for time and all eternity, no matter what great good or problems they encounter. She hasn't told her brothers yet. I wonder what they will think. Especially knowing that they weren't invited to be there when she and Dave were wed. I know I couldn't go and Ardmore wouldn't have gone, besides I really needed him at that time.

PT went well today, I worked on a couple of the arm and chest exercise machines also. I was not able to go on the bike, too hard on my left knee. I now am pretty much on my own until next week when I start more advanced PT. I hope to see about why the leg seems so much longer and if that can be taken care of during PT.

Well it is time to read a bit before bedtime.

No comments: