Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Snow again yesterday

We woke up to snow again yesterday. I thought it was only about a 1/2 inch until I went out to start the car before heading to work, the car had about 3 inches on it. The drive and the road past our house was ok but the road going east 3/4 of a mile from our home was very drifted over. I was really looking forward to getting to highway 89 thinking it would be good, no such luck. The road was totally drifted in and there were only two tracks down the highway all the way to highway 11. It was the worst it has been in many years. The wind must have really blown to drift it in that bad, which means I must have slept well as I never heard it. Everything but the road 3/4 of a mile from our house was plowed when I went home in the evening though.Winter is NOT my favorite time of year!

I will have to finish this later!

Later... made arrangements for Britt and I to stay at a motel in Brookings, SD on Monday and Tuesday night. We have a meeting for the 2010 SITES exhibit Between Fences. Brookings is quite a distance from Roseau, about 400 miles and with the winter we have had, we decided we had better drive during the day only so decided to go down on Monday. I think it is at least a six and a half hour trip if the weather is good and we can't count on good weather so need to allow more time.

It is always enjoyable to go to these meetings. We have plans to visit a couple of museums on the way down and back. We learn something new on exhibit designing every time.

No comments: