Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday, the start of new week

Yesterday the Roseau Public Library held its annual Christmas Treasures. The Library Friends put it on and do such a great job. I am always impressed with how many people volunteer to help. I wonder if they specifically ask people or do the people just step to the plate and volunteer? It is always so classy. They opened the evening with the strings group. I can't remember the name but they are all women, their group name has something to do with Hope, I think. Several readings were presented and the Roseau High School special Choir, The Eclipse sang three songs and the HS Jazz band played three songs. The attendance was outstanding considering how hard it was snowing. We must have gotten a couple of inches during the afternoon. It now looks like winter.

I worked only half a day today and decided to take the rest of the week off. I have a doctor appointment in Grand Forks tomorrow and then a meeting in St. Cloud on Thursday evening. I have worked so much lately and have way too much vacation and comp time so need to take some of it.

Ardmore and I talked about where to put the Christmas light strings and he wanted to do our evergreens in the front yard so I agreed. He put one string on today and will put another on tomorrow. He had spent most of the afternoon banking the well house with snow and didn't want to put more than one set of lights on today, said he will finish it tomorrow. They look so festive!

Thought for the Day

If you could live any where in the world for one year, where would it be?
I would love to live on an island in the South Pacific. A place where the weather is always moderate, lots of beautiful sandy beaches to walk and lay on plus the ocean to swim in. I would want to have my family there too, so we could all enjoy the restfulness of that one year. I guess, I want some peace and calmness in my life! How about you?

No comments: