Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday, Ahhh...

What do you do with your Saturday's if you work outside of the home? Saturday is always a day to do some cleaning no matter if you want to or not. Today will be a cookie baking day with some cleaning and resting, and getting my Primary schedule ready to be sent off.

This was supposed to be the week I went to St. Cloud to a meeting but after the snow on Wednesday I had some "road fear". There was talk of icy spots and I don't like icy roads so I opted not to go. I sent my list of things we discussed about the amendment that just passed instead. I hope that they are added to the list of ideas as they weren't just my ideas.

So that meant I could put up the tree and do some decorating, right? Wrong! My right hand person was sick on Wednesday, Thursday I had our volunteers doing a project and needed to have that accomplished, Friday my right hand person was still sick and so I headed to work.

Well we did get the tree up last night. I was disappointed in finding out that some of my lights were not working. This is a tree that has the lights on it already so we had to hang some in that area. Then I love red lights on the tree too so I put on three other strands of red lights on. I looked at it again this morning and added additional decorations to the areas where there it looked a little bare. No light and motion on the tree this year. First time in about twenty years I will put them someplace else with a garland instead.

Are you a reader? If so here is a game for you to play:

* Grab the book nearest you. Right now. The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence. "Sometimes finding the right balance is relatively easy."
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
Haven't read enough of the book to add a couple of other sentences.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
http://lovethejourney.blogspot.com/ Friday 56
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Now if you like book blogs here is an excellent book ring: http://bookblogs.ning.com/

Thought for the Day
Cock-crow at Christmas
(from Hamlet)
by William Shakespeare

Some say that ever 'gainst that season comes
Wherein our Saviour's birth is celebrated,
The bird of dawning singeth all night night long;
And then, they say, no spirits can walk abroad;
The nights are wholesome; then no planets strike,
No fairy takes, nor witch hath power to charm,
So hallow'd and so gracious is the time.

A Christmas Treasury of Yuletide Stories & Poems
Edited by James Charlton & Barbara Gilson

1 comment:

Janelle said...

You stayed home! Probably smart, considering the weather tonight. Too bad, though. You were looking forward to it.