Sunday, December 6, 2009

Things I am thankful for...

Today it was fast and testimony Sunday. I have so many things to be thankful for and the gospel of Jesus Christ is one of them. Just knowing that He was willing to give his life for me, is amazing!
My brother, Bob and his wife, Marie were here this past week for a couple of days for a late Thanksgiving. It was such an enjoyable two days. I worked for a couple of hours on Tuesday and arrived home about an hour prior to their arrival.
They came up in the first real snowfall of the year; the snow was bound to stay this time! We ended up with about 6-7 inches; their trip reflected the roads as they arrived about 2 hours later than I had expected them. They didn't get into the snowy area until International Falls and it continued to get worse as they drove west.
This didn't keep us from having a delicious dinner at our local Chinese restaurant. We each ordered our favorite food and shared. One would think we would have quite a bit left but that was not the case, we only had enough for one meal for one person. It was so good! Family time is so precious. I am thankful to have a brother.
Yesterday, Michelle and I were visiting on the phone and I could hear that little Damen was at her house. I suggested we talk on Skype so I could see him. I am definitely thankful for living in a day when I can contact my family and friends via the computer and visit.

No comments: