Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Falling on ice...

Well, hubby has no broken bones but is very bruised and sore. He is unable to sit and can hardly stand so is mostly bedridden. The fall happened so fast. He blames it on his his shoes, he wore a pair of boots he hasn't worn for a few years and claims they were too smooth. No matter what the reason, it happened. I am just hopefully that there are no long-term repercussions.

What can one say about friends when you are in need? Groceries for Ardmore were delivered and I was picked up at the airport yesterday. Thank goodness the flight from LA to Fargo is only 3.5 hours and I didn't have to sit in the cities for any length of time. I love it!

I took on a 6 am flight which is pretty frightfully early considering that I needed to go through the scan for my hip and knee replacement, but I always request a wheel chair with an assistant because it can be a long way to walk. I don't know if I can handle the walk with the extra carry-on items. When one takes a wheel chair the assistant pushing brings you right to the front of the line at the security point, brings the totes and helps you with everything. You go though the scan and get checked by TSA. The wheel chair assistant picks up all of your totes, brings them to you, helps you get everything organized again (they will even help you get your shoes on if needed), and then deliver you to your gate. Well worth a generous tip! It is such a relief and I don't have to worry about being late or getting lost. Fargo is easy, of course, one doesn't need any help there but Vegas and LA are something else! I highly recommend anyone who had hip or knee replacement to consider going this route is flying through a major air port.

Now about the snow that greeted me in Fargo! It was quite a surprise to see the amount of snow we had, the cold I expected, but that is still a shock. I remember when a friend brought her children here one winter and they ran to go out the door and stopped dead when it opened, totally in shock about how cold it was. Then there was our granddaughter when Michelle's family visited one Christmas. She seemed to never warm up during their whole visit. Thank goodness the year's fall was warmer than normal, all the way through Thanksgiving. We can handle two and a half months of cold weather!

Time to go buy some groceries and get some pain pills for hubby!

Charleen

No comments: