Sunday, December 12, 2010

This and That

After having Brian here, even though he was busy most of the time, was great! It was interesting to see him present the Makeover Workshops. He really knows what he is doing and I walked out so much more knowledgeable myself. The time at a workshop goes by too fast and very enjoyable.

Ardmore took him to the airport this afternoon. I spent the time working on our Christmas letter, baking some cookies, and preparing for a speech I am giving on Tuesday at our Toastmaster's Christmas  Party. Don't ask me how I ended up getting involved in doing that, I wasn't there when they assigned it to me. I will do my best with what time I have to prepare.

Today is James' 32 birthday. Time goes by way too fast. I well remember his birthing process still, although the remembrance of pain is fleeting. I can't remember the last time I saw him on his birthday, must be the year he graduated or the next winter perhaps as he was NDSU then and the following year he was serving his mission. From that time on, we have not been together for his birthday.One of the hazards of having children move away from home.

I am excited for him. He has until December 30th and will then be on his way to Hong Kong. He and Ashley will spend the next ten days together in Taiwan and then he will go back to Hong Kong and on to Australia for about 6 months of pilot training with Cathy Pacific.   As much as I know our future visits will be far and few between, I am excited for this opportunity for them. I hope they take advantage of the flying privileges and travel to some interesting places. That may be difficult when they have children but who knows.

I have been using a card table to sew on and decided to purchase a sewing table for myself for Christmas. I hope I am making the right decision on the one I am purchasing. It is $800 and I think I see one just like it for only $549 on line. I hope that is not the case as I am going to be very disappointed if it is.I hope to pick it up tomorrow.

Time to go to bed and get prepared for another work week.

No comments: