Monday, May 10, 2010

Taking down Between Fences

Today we started taken down the Between Fences exhibit. What a lot of work! Britt called in sick and then I ended up sick in the afternoon but stayed to work on the exhibit anyway. We did the intro down and the Border section down and some of the other areas started. Once we found out which tools were missing and replaced those, the job went much easier. Mickie came over to led a hand! Good friends are a blessing. We all felt like we had really accomplished a lot in the three hours we worked. We have already filled and rolled two cases out to the bay for placing on the truck. It is so wonderful to have great help! I hope it is nice when the fellow comes to pick it up so we can ask Polaris to come and help us load it on the truck.

Had a quiet Mother's Day. Went to church, came home and took a nap, read some and generally just relaxed. Felt wonderful. Everyone called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. I do wish I was in LA with Brian though. He went up to Santa Barbara. The last time I was there was with my brother and wife when James was about 5. Wow, that is over 25 years ago! Next time I go to LA I am taking the rental car up the coast and staying at a couple of places and eating out, walking the beach and eating out, antique shopping and eating out, quilt material shopping and eating out, general window shopping and eating out. Gosh that sounds like I plan to find a lot of cool places to snack, doesn't it?

No comments: