Saturday, May 8, 2010

Robins in our yard

We had a migration of Robins in our yard about a month ago when the weather started to turn nice. Over a 100 birds flew in to gobble worms as they rose to the top to escape the cold dirt underneath. It was such an uncommon sight I had to take photos to put on the web. Can you count how many there are in the two photos? Share your numbers on the comment page.




We finally have a beautiful day which means I will be mowing our very tall grass. I will have to wear a winter coat and gloves to stay warm though as it is only 45 out. This is quite a contrast compared to what April was like with its 60s and 70s. I have worn gloves to work most mornings this past week.
Time for Six for Saturday
Six things I am thankful for

  1. My new Janome sewing machine.
  2. Figuring out how to operate the many features on the new sewing machine.
  3. A sunny day!
  4. The green leaves on the trees.
  5. Rain on our wheat and canola fields
  6. Having the Minnesota History Contest test almost completed!

And now it is time to mow!


No comments: