Monday, March 1, 2010

Grand Opening Women's History Month - One Woman

Can I say I am exhausted? After working the last seven days I decided to sleep in this morning. Went to bed at 10:30 and ended up waking up at 6; oh well, sleep will come back.
Yesterday was amazing! We had about 200 individuals who attended the One Woman ribbon cutting event.
Thirteen women from across the county were recognized for their community service. It went so well and the program music was a wonderful addition. Britt's signage was great, her work is always outstanding. I had so much to talk about in our closing message, I forgot to give her the credit she deserves. She is outstanding in all areas.
One person told me that the Wall needed to become a permanent part of the museum. I am not so sure I am ready to redesign the Women in Military signage just yet for that. I will need to decide on where they can be placed before that. Our staff did a wonderful job putting the military exhibits together. The Women in Military program is March 20 with a luncheon and program honoring Roseau County women who have served in the military. The committee meets tonight to organize the last of it.

The focus will now be on Between Fences, completely.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Charleen.... can you list the One Woman ladies in your blog? Our Roseau paper gets here about two weeks late! Where else could I find names? Thanks!