Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Time to mow...again

With all the rain we have had lately, there seems to be no end to the lawn mowing. Last time we didn't even have time to pick up the mowed grass before it rained on it. Mr. Haugen thinks I take too much mowing on at a time when I mow. I like to get it done so I can move on to something I like.

Today we had the Life Care - Sheltering Oaks residents come to tour the museum. We had some muffins, cookies and bars in our freezer so took them out and served them coffee 'n after their tour. They were so appreciative. It was a very nice day for them to have an outing.

Mr. Haugen and I went to pick up one of the grain trucks this morning. It was in the shop for a brake job, seems like there is always a repair of some sort that needs to be done on the farm. On the way to work, after dropping him off, I stopped for breakfast at the Twins' Corner Cafe in Badger. Sandy makes the best caramel rolls. It made my bacon and an egg the best.

I ordered an apple pie for Mr. Haugen; another of the things Sandy does well. Mr. Haugen was loading a truck with canola when I got home but by now he has had his first piece. After he commented that Sandy's pie was the best apple pie he had ever eaten, I decided, why compete, take the easy route and buy him a pie from the Twins'.

Bought my ticket to LA yesterday. I am so excited about going to see the family. I am going to spend time with the guys in LA first and then will go on to Modesto to Michelle's. They are making plans for what we will do while I'm there. Just give me a nice warm beach several times and I will be happy. I am looking so forward to the trip now that I have had total hip replacement and total knee replacement. Walking is much better!

Leah has finished the Twilight series now so it is read for me to began reading when I reach Michelle's. I am ready for the second book in the series now.

Charleen

No comments: