Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

Today we celebrate that great day when our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ rose from the dead. His atoning sacrifice makes it possible for us to receive forgiveness for our wicked deeds. What a blessing to have this assurance.

It is a quiet day for hubby and I. With the family so far away we don't have them home for Easter. Usually I don't even cook anything special but this year I cooked on Saturday. Ham and scalloped potatoes seem to be an Easter tradition in the US and so it is in our home. I made the scalloped potatoes using fresh potatoes, onions and a can each of cream chicken and cheddar cheese soup mixed with about 1 cup of milk. Slick and easy and less fat. I believe it could be made with frozen hash browns also. We had a brown sugar glazed ham that was spiral cut. These spiral cut hams are very good and so easy to serve.

I have spent some time working on the annual report. Next week is the historical society annual meeting. We will be having a pot luck dinner, a guest speaker and music. It is always an enjoyable event. The organizing went together very fast this time. I look so forward to events like this, and am very happy when they are over.

Next Sunday Britt, Linda, and I will travel to Minneapolis -St. Paul for a workshop relating to the Smithsonian exhibit Between Fences. We will have this exhibit next March and the sooner we can organize things the better it will be.

No comments: