Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Exhibits and TKR

Yesterday, the education committee was in and setup the old style turn of the century classroom. It looks very good. I will have to look for a couple of things that I see they didn't have. Somewhere in the museum we have an old flag and the box that the rotating library books came in. Today, several items will be arriving from a local school so the committee can put together the modern class room. We talked about putting black plastic in front of each of exhibit to create more excitement when the exhibit opens March 1.

It is very cold this morning, -24 F. It looks like the rest of the week will be better though, I think it may even be in the thirty above range by Friday. WooHoo!

We have a consortium meeting in Thief River Falls at 10:30 to discuss a new traveling exhibit. I think this one may be on churches in northwest Minnesota. This one should take considerable research but will add much to the research centers in all of our museums.

On a different take today. One my children s favorite desserts when they were growing up was a quick and easy pudding recipe.

Prepare one large box Jell-o chocolate cook and serve pudding according to directions.
Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and 1/2 coconut, now I also add 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips. Stir and serve with whipping cream or Cool Whip.

I have started icing my knee following exercises again. I have noticed it increases my range of motion and I have less pain. Exercising is the key to increasing rofm and helping with stiffness. I also find that my strength is vastly improved when I do my floor exercises. Kneeling is not a real problem although getting up is. I have no pain in my knee when I kneel and I can do several exercises on my knees also.

No comments: