Wednesday, February 18, 2009

CrunchTime

It's crunch time at the museum. We have a week and a half until we open Women's History Month, Oh my! So much to do I wake up at night, after I couldn't sleep in the first place, with my mind in full gear. To top it off, I am having a problem with my left eye. It started to be painful under the eye a couple of days ago. I have an appointment at 3 today. One more thing to make things go slower!

Today one of the small exhibits is going to be installed. I have no idea what this woman is expecting so we will be in dark until she brings everything in. I did see a photo though and we are hoping that we can pull it together.

Photos of exhibits from other museums are a wonderful help for small museums as is the Smithsonian exhibits on line. Their exhibits give wonderful ideas that one can use to design an exhibit in your own area.

Following the 2002 flood in Roseau, I visited numerous museums so we could design a museum for the future. I took hundreds of photos and now have an arsenal of exhibition examples. One could say that is copying, but in the museum world, if someone copied an exhibit of ours, I would be honored.

Although I don't spend a lot of time doing it, I enjoy cooking and baking. A couple of weeks ago I made the most delicious cookies. I don't remember where the recipe came from , I'm sure it wasn't my original, but they sure went fast.


Nutmeg Snicker Doodles

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Coating
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon (or your taste)
1/2 tsp nutmeg (or your taste)

Mix dry ingredients together. Cream first five items, add dry ingredients and mix until smooth. form into round balls and roll in sugar mixture.
Bake 350 about 9 minutes or until light brown on edges.

I am waiting for our new phones to arrive. We have just had our cell phone carrier changed to Verizon Wireless. I am hoping that the service it good and we don't end up paying through the nose for this new change.

No comments: