Wednesday, June 25, 2008

One does need to sleep sometime...

Last night I stayed up until 12:30 watching 27 Dresses and then couldn't get to sleep. As usual I woke up around 6:30 and of course, couldn't get back to sleep again! Oh well, I have too much on my mind to sleep half of the time anyway.
I finally got the package for Damien mailed to Breanne on Friday and she received it to day. After seeing the photos of him, I wondered if the clothes would fit, he is so chunky! Today they went to the store and purchased his first Gerber's baby food. He is now a Gerber baby just my kids were and Michelle's kids were. Breanne sent three cell phone photos on Sunday and I was amazed at how much he had grown. The doctor thought he was a year old, well he does weigh 18 pounds! The hardest thing about being a great-grandma is being 22 hundred miles away.
I walked past the bridge again yesterday, that is about 1.25 miles from the house. A good walk and a warm one when it is 75 degrees and muggy in Minnesota. I didn't notice the mosquitoes until I was almost home. I must not have been inviting at the moment as all they did is swarm.
Tonight, I left work at 6, a little earlier than usual. Ardmore was taking a nap so I decided to lay down too. Woke up to the cell phone ringing at 9, it was Breanne. She had received my little Damien care package.
Michelle and Dave had gone blueberry picking today. She was bagging them for the freezer when I called. The blueberries have been very plentiful this year and the prices are good. I really should purchase several packages and freeze them too. I love blueberry muffins and pancakes, especially in the winter, it seems like a special treat then.
I am still not done with the newsletter. I just don't seem to get to it at work. I finished my weekly newspaper column today. I also need to write about The Power of One the solar car that came through on Saturday night, couldn't cross the border and spent the night at a neighbors. It was quite a car. The car was built in Toronto and the owner, Marcelo da Luz is on a mission to prove that a solar car is viable and it trying to set a distance record by driving from Buffalo NY to Inuvik, Northwest Territories, a trip of about 10,000 miles. He travels about 7 hours a day averaging 30-40 miles per hour. He had two companions, a bother and sister pair, Evan and Merissa Engel, who were both filmmakers. Marissa is also a writer. They are documenting the trip with the plans to make a film of the trip.
I still have my exercising to do and it is 12:30. One does need to sleep sometimes.

No comments: