Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baby Boy Haugen is right around the corner

James has been so fortunate. He flew to Taiwan to be with Ashley when the baby is born on January 18. He will be there until January 13. We are in the count down stages and are hoping she goes a little early, she is due the first part of February. I know how notorious first babies are about arriving late, but I delivered right on my due date so am hoping she does the same.  He was due to fly to Rome one more time this month but his supervisor gave him time off. It looks like Cathay Pacific Airlines knows how to treat their employees.

Next week is going to be very busy with four Brown Bag lunch programs each week across Roseau County. The programs will be Roots Music films that last an hour each time and cover the cover the development of American roots music including songs from the time of immigration such as spirituals, gospel, blues and jazz and country. We put the information on our website about each week's film.I have had the chance to see two of them and thoroughly enjoyed the story and music.
 Have to do so much traveling does put me under a little stress. I want to complete my final report on a grant we received last summer from the NW MN Arts Council from the the Arts and Culture Heritage fund for doing music programs. That was a tremendous success with three wonderful programs.
Winter has not been a challenge so far. On Tuesday, January 17th, I opened the back door to the museum to start my car  to find out it was -20 F. Brrr! The next morning we had our coldest day of the winter at -27 F on the farm. I did not go to work! The next day was another cold day and I went in to work late. I told our staff that if we had a storm or it was really cold this winter, I would be working at home!
Time to get ready for church. 

No comments: