Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The safety of where I live

We live in a fairly safe area. Oh sure, it is not perfect but it is pretty neat to live here. Today our granddaughter called to tell us her car was stolen. This is the second time she has been a victim of thief. The first time was two years ago when someone broke into her car and stole her radio, her cds and anything else they felt was of value. I hope they are able to catch these criminals before her car is wrecked. So often it is stolen at night by someone who just wants to joy ride and then they ditch the car somewhere or wreck it.How do they even start the car? It can't help but make one feel violated.

Today our staff installed the first section of the aerial photo exhibits. We have a lot of work to do to complete the rest of the exhibits but there is progress. We had one wonderful volunteer who typed up several of our biographies for the Century Farm exhibit. That was a great help, now we will put together the posters. The info part goes quite fast, the photos are another thing. Some of them will need to be edited as we have not had time to do that.

I finally figured out how to use Adobe Photo Shop CS to scan with our scanner. All along I have struggled when I have had to use it. Friday I asked one of our staff if she had used the scanner yet and she told me no so I thought perhaps we could learn together. I, who have been challenged by the scanner since we purchased it! Well lo and behold there was a function called overview, so I clicked on it, tada, just like magic,there was the area we needed to use to scan. What is it about discovering a new process that makes us feel so grateful? I sure did.I am no longer worried about having to scan at the museum.

Our great grandson Damen spent Saturday with our daughter. Michelle and I connected on Skype for a while. Damen is so cute! Last summer, he and I played a tickle-lion game, where I would tickle him and growl like a lion and he would growl back. It was such fun. Saturday we did the same thing long distant, I growled and talked to him like I had. He got so excited, he started touching the computer screen and giggling and growling back.

He is two and a half now and is not quite so wild as he was about 6 months ago. Michelle says he doesn't listen to her but he does listen to Dave. What is it about a man that commands respect?

One of our couple volunteers agreed to put in a Scandinavian exhibit in the lobby exhibit case. Keith is a master carver and Leanne put together a collection of handwork, you can see their exhibit either in the lobby of the museum or right here. Thanks you two, what a great job. I am so thankful for our volunteers, they are wonderful and the proof is on Leanne's website.

No comments: