Wednesday, September 29, 2010

This day in history - Jack Kennedy

This morning while surfing the net, I decided to visit the Library of Congress memory page and checking into "This Day in History". It included a thank you letter sent by Lieutenant Kennedy to Clare Booth Luce for a gold coin she had sent him and he had attached to his ID tag.  I could hear that familiar New England twang that Kennedy had as I read that letter. Those of us who who were fortunate to live during the time he was President can probably relate to this. Known as the days of Camelot, we thought we lived in a golden age when there was no war. Needless to say that was about to end as we entered the Vietnam War era some short years later.The letter was an endearing reminder of a President that encouraged us to "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" and the beginning of true service to humanity.

Today I head back to work. I had thought I would do so yesterday but decided my jaw was much to sore then I laid down to take a nap in the afternoon at 1 and didn't wake up until 4:30, so I guess what I really needed to to finally get caught up of the sleep I had missed when I was in such pain. Right now I still can only open my mouth about half way. Has anyone else ever had this experience when having a back molar removed?

Sunny today, it looks like we are in for a grand day! Perhaps harvest will soon happen with those soybeans that are standing ripe in the field. DRY UP FIELDS, dry up!




Soybean field July 21, 2010
Soybean field - September 23, 2010

No comments: