Sunday, November 11, 2012

Winter Weather Warnings

It has been misting out for the past three days so our roads are like ice skating rinks. Last year on the way to work, i stepped out of the house, slipped onto the first step and landed on the sidewalk! A couple of years ago, Ardmore fell on the icy walking to the mail box and couldn't get back up. A neighbor came by and helped him. He ended up in the emergency room and luckily didn't break any bones. He had a huge bruise on his left thigh to hip area which was very sore for a long time. I am praying that he does not fall when he walks into the church or has an driving accident.
I decided not to go to church. I do not want to fall and I know the parking lot is going to be treacherous. This is the type of weather I really dislike!
This past week I completed a couple of potholders for the Ya Ya Gang Holiday Happening sale. I want to do at least 5 more. I like to try different patterns. Here is a photo of three of them.




I am working on several different designs. Potholders give a person an opportunity to try a lot of different block patterns and decide which blocks they like best for a large quilt. Yesterday I received a call that Lance Bjorn's quilt is completed. I am so excited to see the finished product!
Yesterday theYa Ya Gang fried up about 250 flats of lefse. The Holiday Happenings sale will be at Skippy Finns' in Badger on November 19 from 5 pm to 8 pm. Lots of great things are available to purchase.
Decided to make pizza for Sunday dinner.
Pizza Dough
1/4 cup very warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 pkg yeast
2 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning, I use Penzey's Spices
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, I use Penzey's Spices.
1/2 cup or more water as needed
Place first three ingredients in a small bowl for about 20 minutes.
Mix all dry ingredient together in a medium bowl, add the oil and water, mix together and then add the yeast mixture. Add more water if necessary but you don't want the dough too sticky.
Turn out and knead on your counter until smooth, about 5 minutes. I did not add flour, when he was a little too sticky to knead I placed it back in the bowl to which I had added a little more olive oil, turned, put suran wrap over it and place it in the oven. I set my oven at 120 when I start and turn it off in about 2 or 3 minutes.




Let the dough raise until double. Spray your pan and spread the dough out. Sprinkle grated Parmesan on top of crust.




Topping
1 can petite diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil, add a good pinch of Italian seasoning and blend in food processor until almost smooth.




Top with cooked meat of your choice, vegetables, olives, red and green peppers, etc. top this with mozzarella or a combination of cheeses.




Bake about 14 to 18 minutes at 400 degrees F. Enjoy!








Today I am thankful someone was willing to teach my Sunday School lesson. Thank you Kelly!
Think of the best thing that happened to you today, meditate about it, and put it in your memory bank. Have a great day!
Charleen

No comments: